Prompt #2

Describe your bedroom through the eyes of an FBI agent who believes you have committed a crime.

There was nothing atypical about the bedroom. It was tidy, everything seemed to have its place. A yoga mat in the corner next to the window. A rack of clothes that slightly skewed to the right. A cowboy hat with pink gems on its rim hanging from the wardrobe. 

I took a step inside to get a closer look. There was a wooden picture frame hung above the desk. Under its dusty glass surface, seven photos neatly arranged into a collage.



Continue the story…describe the same room through the eyes of someone who has a passionate crush on you


Everything about the room was her. There was no sign of him.


The purple yoga mat rolled in the corner, the straw cowboy hat hanging from the wardrobe, the slightly askew clothing rack overstuffed with colorful jackets and patterned sweaters.


My eye latched on to the large pink poster above the dresser. A monarch butterfly sat delicately on a woman’s glossy red lips. The word Playboy written in big red letters. 


I tried to imagine what drew her to this image. Was she turned on by it? I pictured her perching on top of a chair to hang it–her long, tan legs tensing as she stood on her toes to reach the nail. 


I wanted to lick those legs.


Comments